How to Clean Coffee Spills From Carpets: Carpet Cleaning Castle Rock Co
Hi It' s Kyle the owner of TLC Carpet Care with the tip of the week. This week how to get coffee spill out of a carpet. Coffee can be a very difficult stain to remove. What makes it difficult is its PH level and the temperature that if may hit the carpet fibers also can affect it. Ive payed out a few tips on how to remove this stubborn stain. I hope you find it helpful.
- Blot the coffee up as soon as the spill occurs with dye free towels.
- Make up a carpet cleaning solution with vinegar and water 2 parts vinegar one part water.
- Test the carpet cleaning solution on a inconspicuous part of carpet like a closet. TLC Carpet Care in Castle Rock Co wants to make sure the solution doesn’t compromise the original dye structure.
- Spray the vinegar to a dye free terry cloth, and use the cloth damp up the coffee stain. For the best results, work from the outside of the stain toward the center to avoid spreading the stain.
- Leave the cleaning solution on the spill for at least five minutes, so it can reverse the ph.
- Blot with a clean white cloth until the stain no visible, Be careful not to fray the carpet fibers. you might damage the carpet fibers!
- Rinse the spot with cool water, making sure all excess cleaning solution is extracted from the carpet.
- If the coffee stain is still visible, repeat the process one more time until it is removed, or no longer transfers to the cloth.
- If the stain remains, mix the vinegar solution with a time released peroxide and try it again. If the stain remains after trying both contact a TLC Carpet Care in Castle Rock Co.
- Once the stain is removed, layer white paper towels on the site to soak up any extra moisture. Press down the towels with enough pressure to absorb as much as possible. Setting down fans can also assist in the dry time and ph of the carpet.
- When the carpet is dry, vacuum the area to restore the texture.
- Don't spill anymore coffee...LOL For more info on How To Clean Coffee Spills From Carpets call TLC Carpet Care at 720.314.0178 or visit us at tlccarpetcare.net