Carpet Care Tips: Carpet Cleaning Castle Rock Co
TLC Carpet Care in Castle Rock co has few carpet cleaning tips fro you and your carpets. To help keep your carpets healthy and clean, remember to call TLC Carpet care at least annually to provide you with carpet cleaning services that are guaranteed!
- Vacuum frequently and thoroughly. Most of the wear of carpeting is caused by dirt and chemicals. Oily soils attract more oily soil and frequent vacuuming will reduce soil buildup.
- Get at stains quickly, 90% of all stains can be removed by one cleaning spotter or another if they are cleaned as soon as the spill occurs. The longer a stain chemically reacts with the carpet the harder it will be to remove it.
- Test spotter before applying, extracting or spotting. All carpets cleaning chemicals are different. Some carpets are very sensitive to alkaline type cleaners and will change their color quickly as well as the carpets ph level. Other carpet dyes are sensitive to harsh acids.
- Use carpet cleaning spotters starting with the mildest. Do not use harsh spotting agents unless absolutely necessary and always neutralize high alkaline or high acid cleaners after use.
- Never dig or brush spots. The proper procedure is to scrape the spot towards the middle and then tamp the spot into the white towel or cloth using a brush or other tamping devices.
- Do not overuse detergents, shampoos or spotters. Too much detergent will result in residual left in the carpet that even thorough vacuuming may not remove.
- Do not over saturate the carpet. Our carpet cleaning formulas are chemically active enough so that they do not need a tremendous amount of wetting. Over-wetting can cause brownout, carpet shrinkage, adhesion problems, and all other kinds of nightmares.
- Remove all residual if possible. Rotary carpet cleaning machines scrubbing will clean the carpet fibers the best by encapsulating dirt and rinsing, which powders off the carpet. Periodic extraction will flush out this dirt and other organisms deep in the carpet.
- Never "coat" a dirty or spotty carpet. After scrubbing or extracting a dirty carpet, if you are not happy with the results, do not apply a coat of Dupont Teflon carpet protector as this will result in "sealing in the dirt" making it harder to remove during the following carpet cleaning appointments. Either re-scrub or extract the carpet or leave the carpet until the next cleaning cycle before you coat.
- Vacuum frequently and thoroughly For Carpet Cleaning Tips Call TLC Carpet Care in Castle rock Co 720.314.0178 or visit us at tlccarpetcare.net