1. . Dirt is the number one cause of traffic patters and soiling to your carpets. Be sure that you are vacuuming weekly and very slowly at least once per week extract and to keep the dirt and contaminates to a minimum and maximize the look and feel of your carpets.
2. To properly that a spill doesn't become permanent, use a clean absorbent towel that's dye free and hot tap water in a spray bottle containing a small amount of a vinegar– just make not to over saturate. Next, alternate blotting the spills with multiple towels until liquid is fully absorbed. Most spots can be removed if they are cleaned immediately. Of course, the exceptions are, if a spill contains a dye from drinks like kool-aid or have bleach then the spot is usually permanent.
3. Never over scrub spots. The correct method to remove a spill is to gently agitate the spot towards the middle and and work your way towards the middle.. Over scrubbing the spot will fray and damage the carpet fibers and permanently damage the area.
4. Do not overuse store bought spotters. Some Castle Rock residents buy their carpet spotters, but too much soap in the carpet will result in a dirt attracting high ph residue that will make your carpet get dirty quicker.
5.Carpet manufactures recommend cleaning your carpets professionally like TLC Carpet Care in Castle Rock Co that has a van mounted steam carpet cleaning machine. By cleaning every 6 to 12 months you will extend the life of your carpet and have a healthier, cleaner carpet.
6. . Carpet protector creates a bond with the fibers of your carpets and makes them resistant to most spots and spills. It also makes your vacuuming much easier. The effectiveness of carpet protector is reduced about 50% every year. But, by re-applying at every year you will continue to protect your carpet from oxidation and staining giving your carpet the best life possible.