Transforming your Castle Rock home into a sophisticated and elegant home does not require much money. In fact, a really big step to achieving that goal is to add a few silk rugs to your living and family rooms.
Like most fine delicate rugs, silk rugs can revamp your rooms overall décor and look. A distinctive feature of this type of rug is that they are made up of proteins and water, which often cause them to become damaged more easily if mot properly cleaned.
Due to this sensitive of silk rugs, much care and caution must be observed during the carpet cleaning process.
To be honest, hiring professional carpet cleaning companies like TLC Carpet Care to clean your silk rugs is ideal in preventing the rugs from getting damaged.
However, there are many different ways to properly clean for your silk rugs without causing damage. Below, TLC carpet Care will share some recommended carpet cleaning tips on how to get started!
Carpet cleaning for Your Silk Rugs
- Vacuuming soils and dirt.
The presence of dirt and soils is one of the many causes of damage to most types of fibers.
By eliminating dirt and dust from your silk rugs, they will look and smell fresher and cleaner than ever before and there will be less fraying.
Here are a few carpet cleaning tips to get started:
- Vacuum Weekly. Vacuum with a brushless suction head. Don’t use roller brushes or beaters as these might damage the fibers. Consequently, the rug may be slightly or completely damaged.
- Use a gentle broom to sweep the rug. Doing this will prevent the fibers from getting frayed. Additionally, the soft straws on the broom won’t uproot the fibers.
- Give the rug a thorough dusting. Dust and dirt may still be present in the rug even after vacuuming. A proper shaking outside will help to remove the dust.
- Clean spills immediately Never use liquids soaps to remove dry stains.
In the case of a beverage stain, blot the stain, then use water to remove it. Keep in mind that silk rugs don’t play well with hot water.
Besides, hot water may result in protein degrading, leading to the partial or complete damage to the fibers.
In removing stains:
- remove the stains immediately!
- For solid spills, use a spoon and gently scoop up the deposits. Make sure that you don’t disrupt the fibers as they are very sensitive.
- In removing liquid stains, add a slight amount of pressure to the spot, then use a clean white cloth to absorb the liquid.
- Combine a balanced mixture of water and vinegar and apply it to the stained area. Blot the stain with a cloth partially soaked with the mixture. Afterward, use a dry cloth to blot up the excess water, then allow it to air dry.
Having silk rugs in your Castle Rock home can be a wonderful experience. The vivant colors, designs, and patterns that they come in help to transform your room into a beautiful sanctuary.
Because silk rugs containwater and protein compounds, they are more vulnerable to damage. As a result, great care must be inspected before cleaning your silk rugs
For more info on Cleaning Your Silk Rugs visit us at tlccarpetcare.net and you can call us at 720.314.0178