TLC Carpet Care in Castle Rock is where most people start when maintaining their carpeting and TLC has put together some tips on carpet-cleaning. But it isn't where the article will end. We'll present all sorts of guidelines for carpet cleaning, and dealing with other problems such as bacteria.
For now, though, we'll get to the basics of carpet cleaning:
- Carpets need to be vacuumed twice a week and more often in areas of heavy traffic are pets lay. Frequent vacuuming prolongs the life of your carpet by removing hard soil, bacteria and a buildup of particles that can cut carpet fibers. Every month, take a little extra time and use your brush for cleaning around baseboards and around vents and in other hard-to-reach places.
- To vacuum wall-to-wall carpeting, divide the floor into quadrants and vacuum an entire quadrant before moving on to the next or you will get soil infiltration.
- Take your time when you vacuum a nylon carpet, especially a twist carpet in which dirt is sure to be deeply embedded. One pass with a high-powered upright is not enough, Go over each section of carpeting several times, and work slowly to allow the suction to remove all the ground-in dust and dirt.
- Pay special attention to the areas where people sit and move their feet. Vacuum these areas of heavy traffic with a crisscross pattern of overlapping strokes.
- You should have your carpet professionally cleaned two to three times a year.
- Dupont Teflon can be applied to new carpets or to newly cleaned carpets. Follow manufacturers' recommendations . Apply Dupont Teflon only after professional carpet cleaning.
- Add deodorizers to the bag in your vacuum to fight odors.
- Also place door matts in entry ways and take shoes off.
For more info on Carpet Cleaning Tips call us at 720.314.0178 or you can visit us at tlccarpetcare.net