Whats in your carpets? Formaldehyde What You Need To Know: Carpet Cleaning Castle Rock Co
Most of us live our lives each day trying to protect ourselves and our family from toxins on our environment . It isn’t easy to know exactly what so many cancer causing elements within our home. TLC Carpet Care in Castle Rock Co would like to help you learn just a little bit more about whats lurking beneath your carpets.
- Formaldehyde is a invisible chemical that can be found in your carpets. It is flammable and has a very nasty strong odor to it.
- Many things in our home like products such as: particleboard, plywood and even fiberboard contain this chemical. It is also found in glues and adhesives. Even the some of our clothes we have, soaps, upholstery and blinds have it. Insulation in our houses contain it. Automobile emissions release this chemical. Other sources of formaldehyde include cigarette smoking. It can be found everywhere.
- This chemical has been known as biological carcinogen. That means it is a cancer-causing properties. These facts were found by the International Agency for Research on Cancer. It has also been stated to be a probable biological carcinogen by the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Cancer can be caused by theses toxins. It is almost impossible to not be surrounded by toxins. It is important; to know that carpet cleaning can help to protect our selves and our family.
- Sometimes employees who are exposed to formaldehyde during their everyday work environment and can develop several types of diseases including nasopharyngeal cancer and leukemia.
- Unfortunately, formaldehyde can be found within living organisms within our environment making carpet cleaning necessary and just important there as well.
- This chemical is found indoors as well as outdoors carpeting.
- At normal temperature formaldehyde turns into a gas (VOC) or a volatile organic compound.
- It’s frightening once you realize how much toxins there is in your carpets. If you should inhale more than 0.1 concentrations of this toxin, it can wreck havoc with your health possibly causing headaches, breathing problems and even irritation to your mucous membranes.
- This chemical can be a problems for your acts and dogs as well since they lay, sleep and play on your carpets.
- If you happen to have an unvented fuel-burning appliance, it too can can emit this chemical. I’m talking about appliances such as gas stoves or even wood-burning stoves, and kerosene heaters.
- Symptoms include watery eyes, burning of the eyes, nose and throat. You may experience coughing, wheezing, or may feel sick to your stomach as if you need to vomit.
- It is a fact that even the newer carpeting out there releases vapors from more than 100 organic chemicals that are considered harmful. Carpeting no matter what style it is, is where microbes are . Traces of these types of organic materials are actually tracked into your carpets from your shoes. This makes carpet cleaning that more important.
- We all want our homes to be as healthy as possible since we live there with our family. There are health concerns when it comes to materials such as formaldehyde in carpeting and other materials within the home.
- The cosmetics industry is also a huge culprit when it comes to formaldehyde — even drugs contain it!
If you are concerned about having less of this chemical in your home, it’s a good idea to have carpet cleaning done annually so the remove of formaldehyde gas and other toxins can be removed.
Whats in your Carpets? for Carpet Cleaning call TLC Carpet Care at 720.314.0178 or visit us at tlccarpetcare.net