What Are The Steps For Carpet Cleaning: Centennial CO
TLC Carpet Care in Centennial co show the basic steps for carpet cleaning courtesy of IICRC standards.
The principles of carpet cleaning are listed in the S100 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Carpet Cleaning, updated in 2011. The principles of carpet cleaning include:
- Dry Soil Removal - Thorough vacuuming using an upright vacuum with brush agitation and high-efficiency double-lined collection bag, or a final filter, to remove up to 99 percent of particles.
- Soil Suspension - This involves the application of properly specified, formulated and mixed preconditioning agents designed to separate soil from fibers. There are four fundamentals involved in soil suspension: application of preconditioning chemicals; using heat or temperature to speed chemical reactions; agitation for proper chemical distribution, and providing dwell time so that chemical reactions can be completed before soil extraction is attempted. The acronym "CHAT" makes the fundamentals of soil suspension easy to remember.
- Soil Extraction - Any method of cleaning must physically remove soils if it is to be successful. Soil removal takes place with absorption, wet vacuuming, rinsing and even dry vacuuming. The most common method for soil removal among professionals is hot water extraction.
- Grooming, as necessary - Grooming has little to do with physical soil removal; however, it is needed to eliminate pile distortion and matting, to properly distribute additives, such as carpet protectors, and to create an even appearance for your inspection.
- Drying - Damp carpet resoils rapidly, creates potential for slip-fall problems and ultimately, can grow bacteria with associated odor.
- Call TLC Carpet Care in Centennial CO Today: 720.314.0178