Tips For Keeping Your Carpets Clean: Carpet Cleaning Castle Rock Co
1. Vacuum at least twice a week and thoroughly. Dirt and sand is the number one cause of wear and tear to your fibers. Be sure that you are vacuuming thoroughly at least once if not twice per week to keep embedded soils to a minimum and maximize the life of your carpet.
2. Clean up spots and spills as soon as they happen. To properly remove a spot use a clean dye free towel (preferably a white one to avoid dye transfer) and warm tap water in a spray bottle containing a small amount of a vinegar – Next, alternate blotting and spraying the area, DO NOT over saturate the stain. You can even use a dry absorbent towel under something heavy like standing on top of it to completely remove the moisture from the carpet. Most spots can be removed if they are cleaned as soon s they happen. Of course the exceptions are, if a spill contains a dye, like kool aid or a bleaching agent then the spot is usually permanent.
3. Never scrub or rub spots to forcefully. The correct method to remove a spill is to scrape the spot towards the middle and then blot with a white towel or cloth. Scrubbing excessively will fray the carpets and permanently damage the fibers.
4. Do not use dish soap, shampoos or high ph spotters when it comes too carpet cleaning. Some Castle Rock homeowners are addicted to their carpet spotters, but too much soap in the carpet will result in soap attracting more dirt and residue that will make your carpet appear dirty much quicker.
5. Clean your carpets professionally steam cleaned every year. Carpet manufactures like Shaw Industries recommend cleaning your carpets professionally with truck-mounted carpet cleaning. By carpet cleaning every year you will extend the life of your carpet and have a healthier, cleaner carpets.
6. Re-apply “Carpet Protector” every year as well. Dupont Carpet protector bonds to the fibers of your carpets and makes them resistant to most household stains. It also makes your vacuuming more efficient. The effectiveness of carpet protector is reduced about 30-35% with each cleaning. But, by re-applying at least every other cleaning you will continue to protect your carpet from stains and everyday wear and tear, extending the life of your carpet for many years to come.