Removing Kool-Aid Dye Stains from Carpets-Highlands Ranch CO
Kool-aid can be one of the most difficult carpet stains to treat, however with the right treatments- you can remove Kool-aid carpet stains even from white carpet. Here are some steps to follow to remove carpet stains caused by Kool-Aid:
- First, always blot the stain with a dry towel. Do not rub the stain or smear it in further, this will make it more difficult to remove the stain and could lead to saturation of the carpet pad underneath as well.
- Try a mixture of white vinegar, Dawn dish soap, and water in a misting spray bottle. Use 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 tbsp of Dawn dish soap, and fill with water. Spray area liberally and let soak for about 5-10 minutes and then proceed with blotting with a clean, dry towel until stain is removed.
- Some carpet stain removal products can be of great benefit for eliminating many carpet stains—Avenge Spot Remover this Cleaner is neutral in ph and wont leave a residue. If the stain is a stubborn one, use these as directed and then repeat with the vinegar spritz method until the stain has vanished.
- Always conduct a small test on the carpet to ensure there won’t be any negative impact from using these substances or you could wind up with an even larger problem with your carpet than just trying to remove a Kool-Aid carpet stain.
- One thing to keep in mind is that kool-aid stains are dye stains and and theirs always a possibilty that they may not come out.
- What not to do is to ever use bleach as this will also completely remove the original dye structure.
- When cleaning never scrub the fibers or you will frey them.
- When all possible call a professional Carpet Cleaner.
Call TLC Carpet Care Today:720.314.0178