Removing Ink Stains from Carpets- Highlands Ranch CO
Ink stains can be especially difficult to remove, with the most common problem from improper handling being the unwanted spreading of the ink, which makes the stain even worse. Similar to blood stains, ink stains are far easier to remove when they are addressed as quickly as possible, as soon as possible after the spill occurs. Here are some effective ways to remove ink carpet stains:
- Dampen a clean cloth with isopropyl alcohol (the higher the percentage of alcohol the better), and then proceed by dabbing on the ink stained carpet location. (You may want to do a test to make sure it will not lead to damage for certain types of carpets.)
- Be careful not to rub or scrub! This could distribute the ink to a larger region.
- You may need to treat the carpet stain with the alcohol again. Also some hairsprays and nail polish removers work as well, but they are extremely risky to use in terms of damage to your carpet and color fastness problems.
- When using any of these chemicals rinse with water, and blot or vacuum dry (with a wet vacuum) until spot is dry.
- Call TLC Carpet Care Today;720.314.0178