How To Remove Grease Spills - Castle Rock Co
· Use a spoon or dull knife to remove solid materials.
· For these stains, use a citrus solvent applied directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
· For large stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
· Blot up liquid spills with a white towel or paper towel.
· Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
· Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
· Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
· If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain.
· Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
· Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
· Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
· If the stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, color-fast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
· Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
· If stain remains, proceed to Step 3.
Do NOT use on coffee, tea or urine stains.
· Mix 2 tablespoons of non-bleaching, non-sudsing household ammonia with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
· Apply ammonia solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
· Do not dry with paper towels. Proceed to Step 4 to neutralize the ammonia solution.
· Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.
Apply vinegar solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1
Call TLC Carpet Care Today: 720.314.0178