How to Remove Candle Wax From Carpets: Carpet Cleaning Castle Rock Co
Before we get into the carpet cleaning process for removal of candle wax, let’s talk about what you shouldn't do. Other carpet cleaning videos on Youtube may tell you to use an iron to melt the wax and transfer it onto another fabric using a white terry cloth. Using a hot iron near or on your carpet puts your carpet at risk for melting the carpets fibers. Heat from the iron method of removal also has potential to void your carpet manufactures warrantee as well. Instead TLC Carpet Care in Castle Rock Co offers the following steps below to safely remove candle wax from carpet and area rugs.
You’ll need the following items:
- butter knife
- household vacuum cleaner
- white terry cloth
- wet sponge
- hair drier
- carpet cleaning solution
- After the wax has dried, gently scrape the area with a blunt knife to remove large chunks of hardened wax without cutting into the fibers.
- Vacuum the remove the loose wax that you have scraped out of the carpet.
- Repeat this process until you think you have removed as much as possible.
- If any wax remains after scraping and vacuuming, place a clean, damp dye free terry cloth over the wax..
- Use a hair dryer on the lowest heat setting and blow the warm air over the towel while pressing the towel into the stain slowly melting the wax. Any wax left in the carpet should melt and absorb into the towel. Repeat this step until all of the wax is gone.
- Dye's from the candle wax is likely to cause discoloration in your carpets. Since candle wax is an oil-based stain, it is important to use a citrus solution that is specifically designed to fight oil stains on carpet.
- Use a white sponge or cloth to gently agitate the stain. Work your way from the outside of the stain inward towards the center to contain the stain in its original area and not cause it to spread.
- Blot with a terry cloth blotting into the carpet.
- Spray vinegar solution on the stain to rinse, and blot with a white paper towel again, blotting into the carpet.
- Repeat use of carpet cleaning until dye is gone before allowing carpet to completely dry. If you need assistance you can call TLC carpet Care in Castle Rock Co at 720-314-0178 and for more info on How to Remove Candle Wax From Carpets visit our website at tlccarpetcare.net