How To Remove Blood From Carpets and Upholstery Highlands Ranch CO
There is a lot of anxiety associated with blood stains on clothes and carpets, however the much dreaded occurrence of this accident is not as bad as it appears. With blood stain removal, you need to treat the stain as promptly as possible. As with all stains, the sooner you get to it the less chance of oxidation settleing in. There are many ways to remove blood stains. Rest assured you can be certain that after you perform the following tips, the spot will be removed to the fullest extent. Here are some methods to get the blood stains from carpets.
- When treating blood spots on carpets or upholstery always use cold water instead of warm or hot water. This is important because blood coagulates with heat, and cold will prevent the blood from permeating into the carpet fibers.
- Fill a spritzer bottle with 2 tsp. of a grease-fighting, liquid dish detergent such as Dawn and cold water, then spray on the stain. Liberally moisten it so that the carpet stain is entirely soaked. Then use a paper towel or a dry white cloth to blot the spot so that the blood is transferred to the cloth. Rinse with cold water and repeat if necessary.
- You want to make sure that you blot and dont scud to hard as to to cause the fiber to fray.
- Anytime you clean make sure that you dont use any towels tghat have any dye content. A white terry cloth would be prefered.
- OxiClean® is bleach free and with its abilities to oxygenate most carpet stains, it is ideal for blood stains. Although OxiClean® needs warm water to be diluted, you can use cold water and mix as well as possible. Apply on the blood stained carpet using a bottle or by dropping some on the spot. Blot until dry, rinse, and repeat if necessary. However Oxiclean however can have a bleaching afffect so use with caution.
- Bear in mind, removing blood stains may take persistence and combination of all these steps. After several tries, your carpet should look like new again.
- Another great cleaner is Interliks supplys Avenge. It is a neutral cleaner that wont leave any residue and wont attract more dirt.
Call TLC Carpet Care Today :720.314.0178