When it comes to spilled coffee, time is of the essence, the sooner you can treat these spills, the less likely that there will be a stain.
- For large stains, work from the outside of stain to the center to prevent spreading.
- Blot up liquid spills with a white towel or paper towel.
- Mix a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of clear hand dishwashing detergent with 1 cup of water. Stir gently.
- Apply detergent solution directly to a white cloth. Dampen the carpet fibers in the stained area with the cloth. Avoid saturating the carpet.
- Wipe gently. Turn cloth frequently. Never rub, scrub or use a brush. This may damage carpet fibers.
- If necessary, use your fingertips to work the solution to the base of the stain.
- Wet the stained carpet fibers with clear, lukewarm water to rinse.
- Cover the spot with an absorbent white towel or paper towel and apply pressure to blot.
- Repeat the rinsing and blotting procedures until you are sure all traces of the detergent have been removed.
- If the stain is gone, place an absorbent white towel or paper towel over the area cleaned, and weigh towels down with a heavy, color-fast object, such as a weighted plastic wastebasket.
- Change towels or paper towels until carpet dries.
- If stain remains, proceed to Step 2.
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 cups of water.
Apply vinegar solution, rinse and blot as outlined in Step 1.
TLC Carpet Care is happy to service these areas: Highlands Ranch , Parker, Lone Tree, Castle Rock and the rest of the Douglas County areas.