1) VACUUM Daily: Ideally, carpets that are used daily need to be vacuumed daily. This keeps the dirt from settling down into the carpets. Vacuuming regularly will also make your carpet last longer and look better. In rooms seldom used, you should still vacuum about once a week. TLC Carpet Care in Highlands Ranch CO can recommend a proper vacuum cleaner.
(2) USE Floor MATS BY EACH Entry: Dirt migrates from the out-of-doors, mostly by foot traffic. To aid in keeping carpets clean, you should have mats placed at all entrances, both in and outside. This will minimize the amount of dirt that is tracked onto the carpets. Mats should be cleaned on a regular basis so they don't become sources of soil themselves, especially during inclement weather. Sidewalks and entrances should be kept free of excessive dirt and substances which can be tracked into the home.
(3) carpet Protector: Most carpets are manufactured with some kind of protective coating. Once this wears off or is cleaned off, it's a good idea to have more applied back onto your carpet. Soil retardant helps prevent the absorption of dust and dirt back into the carpet. It makes it easier to clean up spills before they are absorbed by the fibers. It also helps to keep your carpet cleaner for at least 2-3 months longer than if soil retardant hasn't applied. In addition, it helps to keep dirt on the surface of the carpet, which makes vacuuming much easier. Soil retardant helps prevent dirt from becoming ground in--making the carpet easier to clean and maintain. It also helps lengthen carpet life and improve it's wear. Much like wax on a tile floor, soil retardant coats the carpet, protecting it from wearing as quickly while it retards soil and helps to resist spills. But, when spills do occur, they must still be cleaned up immediately. Soil retardant doesn't eliminate the need to clean or vacuum regularly. It simply aids in keeping stains from becoming permanent. Our soil retardant contains "Teflon" which is made by DuPont, the same manufacturer that produces the "Stainmaster" brand carpet. TLC Carpet Care in Highlands Ranch CO can recommend a carpet protector.
(4) USE RUGS: If you use area rugs over your carpet, be sure to remove and clean them regularly. Clean and restore the pile of the carpet underneath. Be certain to check area rugs for colorfastness before putting them back over carpet, as the dyes in some rugs may bleed through to the carpet. After cleaning your carpet, remember to allow complete drying before replacing rugs.
(5) Keep Curtains Closed Protect your carpet from prolonged periods of direct sunlight with blinds, shades, awnings or by rearranging the furnishings from time to time. Sunlight has a tendency to fade colors. We sometimes refer to this as sun-bleached.
(6) USE A Thicker PAD: A quality pad should be used under your carpet, especially on stairs. A good pad not only gives better resilience underfoot, but it can also add to the life of your carpet. Some carpets carry warranties with specific density and thickness requirements. Before purchasing your carpet pad, review your warranty.
(7) Don't drag heavy furniture: This is to avoid excessive pile crushing. Put coasters intended for use with carpet under the legs of tables, chairs and other furniture to help distribute the weight and prevent crushing the pile. Do not use chairs or appliances with rollers or casters on the carpet without a chair pad designed for carpet. Continued use without a chair pad can cause damage to the carpet.
Call TLC Carpet Care in Highlands Ranch CO Today:720.314.0178