Carpet Cleaning Stairs- Castle Rock CO
Carpeting on a staircase is a popular option. People love the look of carpeted stairs, the safety that they provide and the sound barrier from all of the foot traffic. Let’s face it, a staircase in a high traffic area can get quite a workout and trying to keep your stairs clean can be frustrating. Cleaning a staircase can become a chore which is seen as difficult and time-consuming.
Below we have provided an easy and effective way to clean your staircase for those times when you are unable to hire a professional carpet cleaning service.
- Rake – Use a stiff broom or scrub brush to remove large pieces of debris and loosen up dirt. Pay special attention to corners and edges. Start at the top stair and work your way down to the bottom stair.
- Vacuum – Use a cordless handheld vacuum or a vacuum that has a brush or hose attachment to suck up the dirt you have loosened up.
- Shampoo – Apply a carpet shampoo liberally to the carpet with a scrub brush. Work the shampoo into the fibers and pay special attention to heavily soiled areas.
- 4. Remove excess water – As you shampoo each step, follow up with a wet/dry vacuum to remove excess water. If you don’t have a wet/dry vacuum, you can use an absorbent towel. Make sure that you get each step as dry as possible to prevent mold or other contaminants from forming due to a moist environment.
- 5. Dry – Allow the stairs to air dry for at least 12 hours.
- 6. Vacuum again – Go back over the carpet with your handheld vacuum or your vacuum with attachment once the carpet is completely dry.
It is recommended that you vacuum your staircase daily if there is heavy foot traffic to avoid a buildup of dirt and to minimize the wear and tear caused by soil grounding into the fibers of the carpet. Shampooing the staircase can be done once a month to keep your carpet looking its best.
When your ready to have your stairs professionally cleaned Call TLC Carpet Care Today: 720.314.0178