Carpet cleaning is a great household chore, but sometimes it can be stressful. It is not simply vacuuming and getting rid of grime that is stuck in the carpet fiber. When the dirt is not easy to remove, you might want to seek the assistance of a professional carpet cleaner and that's where TLC Carpet Care can come in to help. However, if you have decided to do the cleaning yourself, we are glad to give you seven smart tips for a successful carpet cleaning:
1. Preparing a head of time will result in a more successful cleaning. You'll need to set up your carpet washing materials in one bucket and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read carefully the instructions on the carpet cleaning products first before using them. Always follow package instructions to ensure safety.
3. Make sure to remove any objects or furniture that would create obstacles. Let family members leave the room as you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of debris that is trapped on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning furthest from the door or entry way. If you are using liquid carpet cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the room. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Carpet stains are common, so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great low-cost option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the carpet and let everything dry before moving the furniture back. It is not easy to do the carpet cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the stains are really tough, then give a professional carpet cleaner a call; especially, if you want to maintain the good quality carpet. TLC Carpet Care has a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of carpet. Find out more about TLC Carpet Care in Castle Rock,CO. Give us a call today at 720-314-0178.